Thursday 3 November 2016

The University of Queensland (UQ)

I am still in Brisbane, but now I am visiting The University of Queensland (UQ) Library.

I have already had meetings with the Director of the Learning and Research Rervices, Heather Todd, with the Associate Director for Scholarly Communication & repository Section, Amberyn, with the Marketing and Engagement team of the library, the Information Literacy team and some of the liaison librarians.

Among others, I talked with Heather about the organisational structure and she told me what all the different sections and groups are doing. Again I think this is an organisational structure that is very suitable for providing very good research and learning support services. Here you have the chart:



I will write about the other groups and services later on. But today I also want to supply some figures and facts about The University of Queensland:

And here you have some facts about the UQ Library:
  • 1.25 million ebook titles and more than 823,000 print book titles
  • 140,000 online journals and 31,000 print journals
  • More than 900 online databases
  • Operating budget (2014): 43,474,125 AUD
  • Staff (2014): 234

No comments:

Post a Comment